Today it is really dawning on me that I am going back to school soon in fact on Thursday I am going back and that’s in only two days! WOW the holidays have gone by so quickly. Today on the blog I am going to be talking about leaving your dog alone as some of you may do this for a while if you are at school so here are some tips to make it as stress-free and enjoyable for your dog and you don’t have to keep on worrying about them.
- Get a dog walker or pet sitter to come and let your dog out in the garden play with them and perhaps take them for a walk.
- Keep a radio on at low volume to prevent it being to quiet and your dog getting anxious.
- Take your dog out for a walk before you leave them.
- Leave your dog in a secure place where he can’t hurt himself or chew up your shoe i.e. a crate.
- Leave your dog with a toy to keep him busy, for example a kong full of cream cheese.
- Let your dog go to the toilet before you leave him.