Hi guys! Today my mum (Frada) is letting me (Riley) write this post. She wouldn’t normally let me do this but today is a one of because I was extra good in training.
We have been training a little more than usual because we have 2 things coming up that we are excited for.
- Local village fair with a dog show ring with several different competitions- Saturday
2. We are starting puppy foundation agility next Monday!!!
Me practising that sit.
I have to say I am a bit nervous for dog agility and the fun shows so if any of you dogs have done it before some tips would be much appreciated!
So the other day Riley was sitting around looking a bit bored so I blew her up a balloon to see what she would do with it.
The big question was will she pop it or not.
All of you guessed she’d pop it.
So did she???
Well, she had a sniff realised it wasn’t edible and walked off so I have to say it was a no pop.
Does your dog like balloons?
On Saturday (last week) my grandma came down with her two dogs, Finty and Charlie. If you have been reading the blog for a while you will know who Finty is but if not don’t worry here are the descriptions.
Finty is the black Labrador and Charlie is the 3/4 golden retriever and 1/4 poodle.
The both like tennis balls and walks.
Riley gets along well with both of them even though they are a lot taller.
The canine trio!
Does your dog have any pals?
Firstly today I’d like to hope little Ethel from Earls World had a really great birthday on the 7th.
Now time to announce this months pooch.
Isis the Siberian husky!
Isis was chosen for this months award as we are very impressed to hear she is a therapy dog and does many things to help out such as: children’s reading programs,visiting the elderly and stressed out college students during exam weeks. Isis also loves everyone (including cats!!!!) which is a great skill.
If you are chosen you can display the badge on your blog.
Do you think your dog has something special or funny about them or are they really good at something? If so please enter HERE
so your dog could be Pooch of the month July.
At the moment Rileys friends Finty and Charlie are staying so come back for some photos of them.
I have been nominated for the liebster award!
I’d like to say a massive thank you from Riley and I to Darla M Sands and recommend her lovely blog http://darlamsands.blogspot.co.uk/.
First I will display the rules that come with this award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. Give readers 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions from the blog of the person who nominated you.
5. Nominate 5-11 bloggers for this award (those with fewer than 200 followers is recommended).
6. Come up with 11 questions for your nominees.
7. List these rules in the post, along with said nominees and the questions you wish them to answer.
8. Last but not least, notify your nominees.
OK so here goes for 11 random facts about me.
- I love lasagne
- I have wanted a dog since my grandma and mum took me to crufts at the age of 5
- I am left handed
- My favourite day of the week is Saturday
- My favourite colour is blue and number is three
- Before I wanted a schnauzer I like airedales and border terriers
- Riley and I share a love for peanut butter
- I was inspired to blog by an article in the YKC magazine about it
- The furthest I have been away from England in Australia
- I used to do Irish dancing
- Honey cheerios are my favourite cereal
Now the 11 questions from Darla.
1. Do you prefer rainy days or sunshine? Sunshine for lovely dog walks and training.
2. Have you ever been to an opera? No.
3. Would you prefer to say you climbed Mount Everest or took a deep sea dive? Climbed Mt Everest but would rather dive under the sea.
4. Are you afraid of spiders? Not any more!
5. What is your favourite morning beverage? Hot chocolate.
6. Would you rather walk or ride? Walk then I could take Riley and give her some exercise.
7. Do you own a motorcycle, or would you perhaps like to? No to both.
8. What would be your dream job? Something to do with dogs or animals although recently I have wanted to be an agricultural manager.
9. Would you prefer attending a music concert or a comedy show? Erm… a comedy show as I am not very musical and love a laugh.
10. What is the last book you finished? My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell.
11. Which would you choose, a romantic comedy or a horror flick? Romantic comedy.
Now here are my nominees. I have tried to include most of my favourite blogs but I am really sorry if I have missed you out.
Be sure to grab the badge!
Here are my 11 questions for you.
- What keeps your dog most entertained?
- Does your dog like grooming?
- Would you rather go for a morning walk or evening?
- What is the most embarrassing thing your dog has ever done?
- Do you compete in any activities with your dog and if not would you?
- Does your dog like water/swimming?
- Has your dog ever won any prizes?
- Why did you name your dog what you did?
- What do you like most about blogging?
- What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
- Does your dog have a special habit or thing about them?
I hope you do choose to accept this award as it is a great way of meeting new bloggers.