Today we went to a nearby village fete and the pet show was on out to do list.
Sorry about the crumpled paper!
We entered most attractive female dog and cutest small breed pet.
We did well getting 2nd in attractive female and 1st in cutest small breed!
I know it was only a fun show but you have to start somewhere.
A very wet Riley in the ring.
When we got back she was so tired she went straight to bed. I didn’t have the heart to wake her to take a picture with her and the rosettes so they came to her.
So you may have seen this photo of Riley with her daisy collar on the earlier post.
I am now going to give a tutorial on how to make a daisy collar but remember you can vary the colours and also the size will depend on what size your dog is!
You will need:
- A sewing machine or very good hand stitching
- Some green fabric
- Some yellow fabric
- Some white felt
- A button
- An old collar ( I used a charity shop one for 50p)
- A pen
- Needle and thread
- Get your dogs collar and measure it against the fabric, cut it wide enough so that it can go around the collar and there we still be about 2cm left.
You will need to cut it so there is enough room for you to do the clasp up. If you want to be able to clip the lead on cut it below the metal ring.
2. If the ends will fray hem them
3. Now fold in half length ways so the seams are on the outside and sew it up.
4. Now for the hard part… turn it inside out!
Then slip it over the collar
5. Then for the daisy (you don’t have to do a daisy you can alter it and make up any flower you like or if your feeling really creative try a different shape!)
Find a button for the centre of the flower. I chose a fairly big one because I did one flower but if you want to do more then smaller ones are better.
6. Grab your pen and card and put the button in the middle of the card then draw your flower shape around it.
Cut it out.
7. Put the card cut out/template over your felt and draw around it then cut it out
8. Now for the centre cut out a square of fabric around twice the size of your button and hand sew it to the button. Remember to wrap the the fabric around the button and stitch it up at the back.
9. Now you can sew the button to the petals!
10. All that is left to do before the model tries it on is to sew the flower to the collar. If you want to make flowers etc that you can Velcro on and of and switch then sew the Velcro to the collar and the flowers at this point.
Sew the flower to the collar.
And hey presto your dog can start modelling there newly done up collar!
If you make it please comment and tell us how you went on!
Do you know those moments where your pets make you laugh or smile with their little antics.
Well I’ll let the photo do the talking…
Yes that actually happened last night!
Also tomorrow we are going to a fun dog show at a village fete so I decorated one of Riley’s spare collars.
It is supposed to be a daisy.
So wish us luck for tomorrow and I will post a tutorial on how to make decorate your dogs collar!
We are participating in the Sunday selfie hop.
Thank you to our nominators at Poppy’s Dog Blog! They have a super blog about Poppy the beagle so if you haven’t already check it out NOW!
- Thank your nominator and link their blog
- Link the creator of the tag ,Ariel’s Little Corner of the Internet
- Display your 8 photos of happiness
- You can add a little description of the photos
- Tag up to 10 other blogs!
Okay so here we go with our 8 happy pictures!
This is a picture of happiness for me because it is sweet and makes me happy and also reminds me that Riley and I have have managed to train together and that Riley is a little bit better behaved!
My little shaggy pup just about to cause mischief.
Riley as a little puppy only 7 weeks old. Puppies make everyone happy!
Well this is a happy photo for Ivich but not for Riley.
I really enjoy going to dog shows and fairs and hope to go to a fun show on Monday!
We both felt happy once we’d built this (it kept falling down).
Riley feels happy with her love… Russell.
And her doggy friends even though they are a lot bigger than her!
Sorry if you have already been nominated!
I am sorry we are a little late but we ended up staying at some friends house on the way back from our little trip.
This was Riley’s second camping experience although this time instead of driving down the the Isle of Wight we drove up to Lancashire for our holiday.
She is one happy camper!
Hey mum it’s a beach.
With some dog magazines and some chews for Riley nothing could stand in the way of a relaxing break.
Riley’s camping essentials are:
- A crate
- Some chews
- A blanket
- A bowl
- A toy
- Some kibble (to last how long you are staying)
- A lead
- A metal dog tether
We had a lovely time exploring beaches,walking in the woods and meeting new friends.
So many trees!
What a crazy beard!
Riley was so tired when we got back she flopped asleep straight away.
On a turtle!
We are proudly participating in…
We are going to be holidaying up north but because my phone is an awkward specimen I can’t post any pics. We won’t be gone long though and should be back by Thursday or Friday.
You may know that when she was a pup Riley LOVED playing football.
Well she still does.
Come ON! Lets play ball.