Today Riley and I have been a little busy training and would like to share one of the skills we have learnt at our puppy foundation agility class.This will also be one of our things to do for our doggy summer is for…
THE HAND TOUCH
This is super easy to teach and is used to teach the nose touch (which is used on equipment) afterwards.
- Grab a handful of kibble and your dog
- Stick your hand out a little to one side of your dog
- Hopefully your dog will automatically go and touch your hand with their nose
- If they do praise and give lots of treats!!
- Keep going with this and distance your hand a little from your dog
- When your dog is confident with this get your dog to do one hand touch on one side of you and then one on the other before you treat
- See if they will give you multiple touches on one side before you treat
- Before you know it your dog and you will be pros at hand touches!