On the 7th woof of Christmas My Mutt Riley gave to me… How to play hide and treat Deck
So here is one of our favourite rainy day games that we would like to share with you.
YOU WILL NEED…
- A dog
I chose this one!
- Some food or a toy
- 2+ people
HOW TO PLAY:
- One person gets the dog to stay and wait for the other(s) to hide in a fairly obvious place, this place will depend on how clever your dog is.
- Wait for everyone to be hidden then the 1st person calls the dog or squeaks a toy and the dog (hopefully) goes looking for them
- The person who was waiting with the dog goes and hides and waits for the person who the dog has hopefully found to say “goodbye” which will be your signal to then call the dog
- While the dog comes to you the person who the dog has just left goes and hides somewhere else
- This can keep going for as long as you like and can be fun and a great way to practice recall while testing your dogs hide and seek ability